Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sexy Ombre Lip Trend


See, I told y'all I wouldn't leave y'all hanging lol. Yet another trend that I'm TOTALLY in LOVE with. Ombre lip trend. This has been picking up very quickly in magazines, media, runways, and within my circle of friends. This trend is all about adding depth and dimmension. The lip color has a shadowed effect with colors bleeding from dark to light or vice versa. The process is kind of like coloring when you're a little kid; Outlining whatever you were drawing really dark and coloring the inside lightly. Are you asking yourself, how do I get this look? Well there's a couple of ways, but this is how I did it. Here's the steps to do so...

1. Grab your favorite matte color and lip gloss (or concealer). Make sure these two colors will blend well with one another.

2. Define the top lip with the matte color, then press lips firmly together.

3. Blend the color from the top of your lip to the bottom by applying the lip gloss or concealer to the center of your lips using your finger or a thin make up brush (A lot of people use MAC #210).

I've watched many makeup tutorials regarding Ombre lips, and I finally was able to get the look! Take a peek at it below ...




Not the best picture, but hey, not bad for my first try. I definetely will be practicing some more. I used Wet 'N Wild's #528A for the contour and Zoe & Zac Naturals Pink Beach lip shimmer for the inside of my lip.

Get this; Ombre nails and hair are also in trend! I can't wait to try those as well. I'm thinking dark brown to red or purple weave. I'm not sure about the nails though. I'll keep all of you posted!

Stay beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. I will be my first comment. LOL. This blog is great. Good Job Miss Chanelle :D

    ReplyDelete