Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Let's Go Camo!

Jackets and dresses and leggings ... Oh my!  One of the biggest trends taking over in fashion is camouflage.  I have never been a big fan of camo until this year.  I don't know what it is; maybe it's the various pattern renditions of the camo print that I have seen ... or maybe the way people style their outfits.  This particular trend has always been in since the '90s and has made a huge come back in 2012.  However, in 2013 we are not only seeing camo for jackets and pants, but also in dresses, blouses, and clutches.  In my personal opinion, Rihanna definitely set the wave for this trend (like always).  Her tomboy, laidback look is so appealing to me!  Below are a couple of other celebrities who has also taken the camo wear under their wings.



After much thought, I decided to follow this movement myself.  Since I am a bargain shopper (a great one at that), I went to CW Price (formally known as AJ Wright) where they have awesome urban wear.  My OOTN theme for my ladies night this past Saturday was what I like to call, camo-denim.  This consisted of military inspired pants ($14.99 from CW Price), a simple black t-shirt ($3.99 from CW Price), 2 inch paten leather pointed toe shoes ($7.00 on clearance from CW Price), and my denim half jacket (I rolled the cuffs to complete the "edgy" look).  I am not sure when or where I got this jacket; I've had it for years now, but you can buy one from pretty much any clothing store.  I paired this outfit with a gold, black, and silver bangle set that I bought from Avenue (a plus size retail store) for $14.99 as well as gold stud earrings ($5 from Avenue) and a gold spiked chain from H&M ($9.99).

Sorry that I do not have a picture with my outfit actually on!  It was a crazy night and totally forgot lol. 
For makeup I did a dark plum lipstick from Fergie's Wet 'N Wild line and a cat eye look using Wet 'N Wild's liquid eyeliner.
This was such a dope, edgy look; definitely inspired by Rihanna.  Love this look?  Hate it?  Please comment below and let me know what you think!
 
Stay Beautiful <3
-Miss Chanelle


 

1 comment:

  1. ooh! Sounds gorgeous. Not for me unless the camo is paired with all black haha but I like the idea for others :)

    ReplyDelete